Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Planning My Music Magazine

 The intended audience for my magazine are R&B music fans aging from 16 to 19, who have been brought up in the big city environment and know all about the urban life; urban teenagers as I like to call them. There are many reasons for my choice. Firstly I belong to this group of our society; hence this helps me to understand what is relevant to such population. It helps me to make decisions on choices like price, contents and the genre of music my magazine will be based upon- because I know what I would be willing to pay for a music magazine, and what I would be expecting to see inside it. Furthermore since my survey was completed by college students, the results were only so much relevant if I was making a magazine that targeted that particular age group. Although I have expanded the age range from 16 to 19, I have still used the results as my guide when it came to developing my music magazine.

After observing the results I have noticed that the majority of teenagers prefer genres of R&B and Hip Hop over any other style of music. So, since I want my magazine to be mainstream among teenagers I have decided to base my product on R&B.

According to my survey, the majority of the people who completed my survey would expect to pay 3.99 for a good music magazine; however it would be harder to sell my magazine to teenagers if I actually chose this price. Most of teenagers can’t afford that, or rather would not bother spending this much on a magazine. Hence, 2.99 is my chosen price.

My magazine will be released monthly because this was the most voted option in the survey and also this solves the money problem that a lot of teenagers have. A 16 year old would prefer to spend £2.99 on a music magazine once per month, rather than twice or more.
I want my product to appeal to as many people as possible and there is nothing better than a magazine that looks eye pleasing and professional, therefore I would prefer my magazine to be glossy, like the Q magazine. The glossy material is much more durable and nicer than the newspaper like material which is cheap and easily damaged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment